your visit to the theater
Watching theatre during Covid-19
PERFORMANCE CANCELLATION Until the 31st of March 2021
For future performances, you can reserve your tickets over the phone by calling +49 (0) 221 - 221 28400
or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
. The ticket service will then contact you to let you know whether the reservation is possible or to offer alternatives.
We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to Schauspiel Köln in September! In order to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and to guarantee you a safe and enjoyable visit to the theatre, theatre operations front of house, on-stage and backstage will continue to take place in accordance with the tried and tested hygiene regulations. Please therefore note the following information:
During the booking process, we are obliged to note the contact details of all visitors and, if necessary, to double-check these with an identity document on site. Tickets that have already been paid for will be sent out approximately 14 days ahead of the performance.
Please understand that due to the current situation, it may take longer than usual to process the booking.
ADVANCE BOOKING OFFICE IN THE OPERN PASSAGEN
Our box office in the Opern Passagen is currently closed to the public. However, please note the minimum distance of 1.5m and the compulsory wearing of a face covering (no face visor). Refunds cannot currently be paid in cash at the theatre box office but via bank transfer. Purchased tickets are currently not printed on site but posted approximately 14 days ahead of the event.
ADJUSTMENT OF SEATING CAPACITY
In order to guarantee the necessary social distancing measures (1.5m) between two bookings, we have reduced the seating capacity in our venues.
- On the regular stands in Depot 1 and Depot 2, we have blocked every second row.
- Two seats are also currently blocked between two bookings.
Please note that people who wish to travel to a performance from a high-risk area are subject to the current Coronavirus Entry Ordinance of the State of NRW or have a quarantine and testing obligation. If you feel ill or have symptoms of a cold, please stay at home, as we are not permitted to grant you access to the venue. Anyone who has been in contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19 in the 14 days prior to the performance are not permitted to attend.
In this case, as we would like to offer you the greatest flexibility possible; you may return pre-purchased tickets up to the day of the performance, if you inform us in advance over the phone by calling +49 (0) 221 - 221 28400
and send us your tickets.
OBSERVANCE OF THE HYGENIE RULES
Please wear a face covering in all premises of the Schauspiel Köln.
- According to information from the crisis management team of the City of Cologne, masks are currently compulsory while seated during performances.
- If you are unable to wear a mouth-nose protection due to a health condition, please bring a medical certificate with you.
- Please maintain a minimum distance of 1.50 m to others at all times during your theatre visit.
- We have designed a passing system in the foyer. Please follow the corresponding signs and the instructions of the evening staff.
- Please avoid crowding and touching.
- Please act according to the cough-sneeze code of behaviour, and wash and disinfect your hands thoroughly and regularly.
- Disinfectant is available at the entrance and in the foyer.
EVENING BOX OFFICE
The evening box office remains open. However, we recommend that you purchase your tickets in advance via our ticket service to avoid queues in the box office foyer.
If you have purchased your tickets in advance, please bring the completed guest registration form with you and hand it in at the box office or to our evening staff. We reserve the right to verify the details with a form of ID.
The cloakroom remains open. Nevertheless, you can take jackets and smaller bags into the hall and leave them on the blocked seats, so that they do not obstruct the aisles. Larger bags, backpacks, suitcases etc. must be handed in at the cloakroom. The cloakroom is free of charge.
The bar in the foyer remains open.
- We have set up a bistro area with fixed seating in the foyer. In the event of bad weather, you will be served at your seats. Otherwise, you can buy drinks at the bar as usual.
- Of course, you can also have your drinks outside in front of the Depot or in the CARLsGARTEN.
- In all other areas of the foyer, the removal of face coverings and the consumption of drinks or food is currently not permitted.
The foyer in the Depot opens one hour before the performance starts. Admission to the auditorium will then begin in good time before the start of the performance, so that we can ensure orderly entry.
- Please have your ticket and, if applicable, your reduction certificate ready to avoid queues.
- Unfortunately, we cannot grant late admission.
CLEANING & AIRING
Schauspiel Köln venues are equipped with ventilation systems that supply sufficient fresh air to the halls for all audience members and others involved.
The cleaning intervals for all rooms have been increased. Objects that visitors may come into contact with (handles, door handles, fittings, etc.) are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected before the start of every performance.
After the performance
We kindly ask you to leave the building as soon as possible following the performance. Please follow the signs and the instructions of the evening staff.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING!
SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL BE RE-EVALUATED AND ADAPTED AS NECESSARY ACCORDING TO THE CURRENT SITUATION.